I awoke about 8:15 and thought it was noon! My watch had stopped at midnight so I was
really confused. We got dressed and Tim
went to the gym and I went to get coffee and some muesli. It was good.
At 10 am I went to the theatre to listen to the Enrichment Lecture on
the Amazon. It was great.
I returned to the cabin about 11 am and met up with
Tim. He decided to do lunch with me so
we headed to the buffet – it was too hot outside, I thought.
We had a good lunch and then read on the balcony until 2
pm We went to the next Enrichment
Lecture at 2:30 and that was interesting.
It was about the attack forces during World War II…..Interesting stuff.
We had coffee and then relaxed on our balcony reading and
Tim meditating. We got dressed at 6 for
the Captain’s Reception. We went to the
reception and saw Gemma and had a glass of champagne. We had to leave early, at 6:30, for our
reservation at Signatures at 6:30.
It was a great dinner at Signatures. We started with champagne, Tim had fois gras
and I had crab and avocado salad. Tim
had lamb shops and I had veal medallions.
Delicious.
We relaxed in the room for a while after dinner and then
went to the Christmas Show at 9:45.
The very elaborate Christmas Show aboard The Regent Mariner
Christmas Show - Jamie and Gemma singing
The singers and dancers doing the 12 Days of Christmas. They were excellent
The finale - we were right up front
We met Barbie and Ed, and John and Janet
for the show. It was a great production
although we threatened Jaime that we were bringing him songbooks with the words
from O’ Little Town of Bethlehem this year!
Next year we’ll bring numbered flash cards so Jamie can count from 1 to
12 on the Twelve Days of Christmas!
We left the show about 10:45 and headed to
Horizons for a night cap. There was a
band playing and people were dancing. We
went to the cabin and bed about 11:30 A
good first day on Regent Mariner.
No comments:
Post a Comment