Thursday, March 17, 2016

Wednesday December 30, 2015 – Cruising Up The Amazon River


Tim got up early but I slept until 9:30. I'm not feeling 100% yet but I think the meds helped.  I took some azithromycin and got dressed. 
We went off for coffee and then the lecture at 10:15.  Tim went to the lecture and I stayed in the coffee bar.  We relaxed the rest of the morning and then went to the pool buffet where they had Tex-Mex food.  It was pretty good, especially the rice pudding for dessert.

I slept most of the afternoon as the meds made me very tired, but at least my voice is back and I’m not coughing and draining so much. 
We went to the 3 pm Popcorn Movie which was a documentary by a Frenchman about the Amazon River and the people who live in the villages along it.  It was interesting but not a great production.

Tim went back to the gym after the movie and I took another short nap.  We were going to go up on the pool deck for the “Crossing the Equator” ceremony with Neptune but it was raining so we went to Horizons for that.  It was fun.  Gemma was dressed up like a mermaid.  The Marine Biologist played the part of Neptune and did a great job with Jamie, the Cruise Director.
The crossing the equator ceremony with King Neptune


We got dressed about 6 and went to Mariner Bar for a drink but there was no musical entertainment so we went back to Observation again.  I Gusti and Alexander were there to take good care of us.

We went to dinner about 7:30. We talked to Mirjana for a while at dinner.  We had observed an incident in La Veranda where a passenger complained about Alexander unnecessarily and Tim set the record straight.  Mirjana was appreciative to get an independent view.

We left dinner about 9 and went to the cabin.  The violinist is playing again tonight and I think he’ll put me to sleep so we’ll skip it and get a good night’s sleep.  We set our time back an hour tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment